Tuesday, March 1, 2016

myObservatory is headed to Nashville! #NSTA16

I am excited to announce that I will be going to the National Science Teachers Association National Conference in Nashville in one month.  I think this will be a great opportunity to show off what myObservatory can do and to find some educators interested in partnering to develop education modules.  Over 10,000 K-16 science educators from all over the world participate in this national conference each year.  I attended a conference in Boston 8 years ago and am excited to go again.  I will be looking at what other education products are offering and talking with teachers about what they want in a teaching and learning tool.  But I will also be using our NEW and IMPROVED mobile app to document my journey!

We are hard at work preparing for this journey...and mobile app testing is number 1!  By the end of March (and the start of my conference experience) we will have a new version of the mobile app available in the App Store.  We are working to beta test this new app with all of the latest features.  I am particularly excited about the map view landing page. Here is a sneak peak.

I will be traveling from scenic Cape Cod (this is a view of the surrounding area of Cape Cod Community College, where I have my other job!) to historic Nashville.  I know very little about Nashville other than some vague notions about the music connections.  But instead of going to Nashville to "make it" in country music I am going to Nashville to "make it" in educational product development and marketing.  I'm sure someone could write a country song about that.  Maybe I'll ask while I'm there.

If you are a regular follower of this blog you know that I have two small children...who will NOT be coming with me to Nashville.  With all the free time I will be plotting my way around Nashville and collecting data about my journey.  The mobile app will allow me to organize my trip photos on the map so that I can come back and show the boys all the fun things I saw where I saw them.

If you want to come along on my journey in real time, follow me on Twitter @KateTCondon
I will also make regular posts to our myObservatory Facebook page.

Nashville, here we come, with our new app to show the world (or at least the world of science teachers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment