Tuesday, April 5, 2016

myObservations from Nashville

The myObservatory mapping and data collection capabilities are great for documenting travel.  While traveling to and from Nashville I used the myObservatory app to collect photo data at different locations.  Now that I am back home I can view my photo data by location to show my husband and friends the places I've been.  Looking at the map view on the desktop version it really hits me how far from home I traveled!  It certainly felt like it took a long time to get there and back.  It took a whole days travel and a timezone jump to get from Cape Cod, Massachusetts to Nashville, Tennessee. On the way down I drove my car, took a ferry, two flights, and a bus to get to my hotel.  On the way back I took a shuttle bus, two flights, a commuter bus, a ride from a friend and drove to get back to my house.

Some of my favorite data photos from my trip include the views of the Washington monument on the way into Regan International, the sun shining on Ryman Auditorium, my hotel office, and my time spent at the honkey tonk in the District.  myObservatory was a great way to organize my travel photos.  I will definitely use it again on my next trip!




1 comment:

  1. I think myObservatory is a great tool for travelers. I must admit that this was not the original vision for mO. There is so much you could do with it: take GPS-tagged and dated pictures; post them in a library (e.g., different files for different locations); you can access a map display of all the sites you visited, and see your pictures by clicking on locations (see Kate's map top right); you can add notes; and you can provide access to observers who could follow your pictures and notes as soon as you post them.

    ReplyDelete